Steelers Today has hooked up with 31 other NFL bloggers from around the country to do a bloggers’ mock draft. All 32 NFL teams are represented in the mock draft.
With the fourteenth pick of the 2009 NFL Draft the New Orleans Saints blog Canal Street Chronicles selects…
I can’t even believe that Cushing is actually still on the board, particularly following his awesome combine performance, but alas he is.
With the re-signing of Dan Morgan, the Saints are just okay at the linebacker spot but really need some help in the secondary. Because of all the talk surrounding his possible switch to safety, Malcolm Jenkins would have to be the other consideration with this pick. But because Cushing appears to be the best player available, the Saints just can’t pass him up. and the return of
The draft results so far are shown below. Click on the individual pick to read the blogger’s rationale for his selection.
1. Detroit Lions: Mathew Stafford, QB (Georgia)
2. St. Louis Rams: Eugene Monroe, OT (Virginia)
3. Kansas City Chiefs: Aaron Curry, LB (Wake Forest)
4. Seattle Seahawks: Michael Crabtree, WR (Texas Tech)
5. Cleveland Browns: Rey Maualuga, LB (Southern California)
6. Cincinnati Bengals: Jason Smith, OT (Baylor)
7. Oakland Raiders: Jeremy Maclin, WR (Missouri)
8. Jacksonville Jaguars: B.J. Raji, DT (Boston College)
9. Green Bay Packers, Brian Orakpo, DE (Texas)
10. San Francisco 49ers, Everette Brown, OLB (Florida State)
11. Buffalo Bills, Clay Matthews, OLB (Southern California)
12. Denver Broncos, Malcolm Jenkins, CB (Ohio State)
13. Washington Redskins, Andre Smith, OT (Alabama)
14. New Orleans Saints, Brian Cushing, OLB (Southern California)
The Houston Texans are on the clock.
(If you enjoyed this article, please consider leaving a comment below. Also, please subscribe to our blog by pressing the orange button below. Thanks.)