Each year I am asked to participate in several blogger mock drafts. My selection is approaching in one of those drafts, so I thought it would be wise to get my readers’ input on who you think I should be considering in this year’s draft.
With that in mind, I am posting the picks that have already been made. My selection is coming up soon. I will post each selection leading up to mine, so you know exactly who is still on the board when pick #18 comes around.
Here is the most recent selection, along with a recap of all of the previous picks. This pick is being made by Jimmy Morris of the Tennessee Titans blog Music City Miracles.
With the 16th pick in the 2010 NFL Mock Draft Among Bloggers, the Tennessee Titans select…..
***Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech***
The Titans would be thrilled to see Derrick Morgan here. Jeff Fisher has made no secret that this off-season is all about upgrading the defense. Morgan is a big guy that can get after the passer, and that is where it all starts. Morgan is arguably the best player on the board here, and he fills the biggest need for the Titans.
The San Francisco 49ers are now on the clock.
No Logo Needed’s 2010 Mock Draft Among Blogs selection recap:
10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Black and Teal
Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama
11. Denver Broncos (from Chicago Bears): Bronco Talk
Mike Iupati, G, Iowa
Earl Thomas, S, Texas
16. Tennessee Titans: Music City Miracles
Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
17. San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina Panthers): Niners Nation
18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Steelers Today
19. Atlanta Falcons: The Falcoholic
20. Houston Texans: Houston Die Hards
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Bengal Stripes
22. New England Patriots: Blauhg: A New England Patriots Blog
23. Green Bay Packers: Lombardi Ave
24. Philadelphia Eagles: Iggles Blog
25. Baltimore Ravens: The Ebony Bird
26. Arizona Cardinals: Voice of the Cardinals
27. Dallas Cowboys: Blogging the Boys
28. San Diego Chargers: Bolt Hype
29. New York Jets: Jets Twit
30. Minnesota Vikings: Minnesota Sports Zone
31. Indianapolis Colts: The Indy Football Report
32. New Orleans Saints: MooseDenied
As you can see, there has already been a rush on offensive linemen. Five offensive tackles have already been selected. The Steelers need offensive line help, but I don’t know if I should spend a 1st round pick on the 6th best offensive tackle in the draft.
So help me out, Steeler Nation. Who do you think I should pick? Don’t just give me a name. Give me your reasons as well. Thanks for your help.