We’re 2 weeks away from the 2012 NFL Draft.
It seems as though every website has a mock draft. The internet is littered with them.
So rather than do a mock draft of my own, I’ve decided to do a contest to see which of my readers has the best handle on the draft. I’ll also be offering a prize to the reader who scores the most points in this draft contest.
The prize will be a copy of Pittsburh Steelers – The Complete Illustrated History, by Lew Freedman.
“Pittsburgh Steelers – The Complete Illustrated History” is accurately billed as a “comprehensive history of the NFL’s most successful team.” It’s one of my favorite books about the Steelers, and it’s a must-have for any Steelers fan.
The rules of the contest will be as follows:
- Do a complete 32 team mock draft for the first round (include all 32 teams, not just the Steelers).
- Pick who you think the Steelers will pick in rounds 2-7. So it will be a Steelers-only mock draft for rounds 2-7. Do not guess any other team’s picks for rounds 2-7 except the Steelers’. This is about the Steelers. We don’t really care who any others teams pick in rounds 2-7.
- Pick all 10 players who you think the Steelers will pick. Remember, the Steelers have four 7th round picks.
- Each correct answer for other teams’ picks will be worth 1 point. Each correct answer for a Steelers pick will be worth 2 points. However, if you correctly pick a player taken by the Steelers, but pick him in the wrong round, I’ll award you one point for that pick.
- The person with the most points wins.
- In case of a tie, the person with the most correct answers on Steelers’ picks will win.
- If there’s still a tie after the tie-breaker, then I’ll do a random drawing to select the winner.
I know that there are a lot of knowledgeable Steelers fans out there, so I’m anxious to see who will win.
In order to prevent people from copying other people’s answers, DO NOT submit your entries as a comment to this post. Instead, e-mail your entry to the following e-mail address:
Only e-mailed entries will be accepted. Besides, do you really want other people copying your winning entry?
Only one entry will be allowed per person. So if you send in more than one entry, I’ll only accept the first one that I receive from you.
The deadline for submitting your entry is midnight on April 25th. But please try to get your entries in earlier than that.
The winner will be announced right here on Steelers Today following the draft. Good luck!